My grandmother lives in my great grandmother's house. I am not sure of the actual age but I have many many fond memories of this home. When I was little I hid in the bushes with Angela and put on my great grandmother's costume jewelry with Brandon. I also remember watching my mom visit with all our family and laugh late into the night. As an adult I still love to watch my grandfathers family come to visit. You can see the memories flow through their eyes and their faces start to glow. On Wednesday I took my boys out onto the front porch. It is large and long and full of vintage wicker furniture. It looks like it is from a magazine and invites you to sit and drink a glass of sweet tea.
These boys are the 5th generation of "Emanuel" boys to sit on these steps.
Afterward the boys played catch the cat. My grandmother adopted a black cat for Jack. He lives with her since I am allergic. Let's just say he was not happy about Phinny coming to visit. Phinny chased him all day everyday. By the evening we left the cat would simply sit and hiss at him.
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment