Thursday, October 28, 2010

Mommy Guilt-just me being real...no fluff or fun family stuff...

This seems to be on my mind a lot lately. It seems everywhere I turn it is there. At home, on the radio, and even on the assorted blogs I read. I will not lie, I suffer from a huge amount of mommy guilt. Do they know I love them, am I teaching them right from wrong, are they growing up to fast, do they get enough time with me, will they grow up and all their worldly problems somehow all trace back to something I did or didn't do. I constantly look at my friends. They are like fashion. Each one is an awesome piece of motherhood. I take the best of each and try to make my outfit from all their styles. Yet, each day something is missing and I lay in bed each night and check off the things I shoulda and coulda done better. My house is not clean enough, I didn't read much less sing songs with my 4 year old, I don't make it to all the field trips, do I know exactly what is going on in my 13 year old and 9 year olds lives. Holly Moolly!~ The laundry is piling up again! Wow! That kitchen floor really should be swept. Yes, seriously we are eating dinner again at Sam's. No, I am so sorry _______ or __________ is not your mom and no you can't go home with them! Somedays it seems never ending. Well, today, in fact this morning, I decided it was over! I am going to be the best mom I CAN BE. I will do like I tell my kids "keep your eyes on your own paper". I don't have to be this mom or that mom. I don't have to be super mom. I can be Andrea. Jack's, Mary's, Buzzy's, and Brady's mom. I will love them with all I have got. I will do what I think is best for them. I will teach them to value what is important to me. I will do my best to make them into the best people they can be. I will NO LONGER compare myself to others. I will believe in myself! I actually took a picture of my first day without mommy guilt but I look to fat to post it...that is a whole "nother" blog!

1 comment:

Catherine Boozer said...

k- so I am wondering what in the world would you take from me??? I struggle with all of those things, AND don't even feel guilty about not going on the field trips!!! I love you girl, and you are a GREAT MOM!!