Sunday, September 4, 2011

Growing Up!

My little girl is turning into a preteen. All of a sudden her life is full of girl drama, texting, and obsessing for her clothes and room. She comes in crying because someone says she is not their friend. She got her first phone and texts EVERYONE ALL THE TIME. The clothes.....oh my the clothes. If I say it is cute then it is never worn again. If I ask if she is really wearing that outfit then she runs to change and 99% of her outfits are simply jeans and a t-shirt. The attitude has surfaced and she has actually given me the line, "I don't want to ______!" WHAT!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS! I don't ever want to do laundry! I don't ever want to scrub toilets. Yet, it always gets done. Hmmmmm.....amazing. Then in the blink of an eye she is a little girl again. Looking at dolls at Target. Taking Katie (her favorite doll) to ride in the car to school. She is laying on the floor playing with Brady or Eli. She is crawling into my bed to snuggle or into Tim's lap. All of a sudden she is playing momma and taking Brady for a walk in the stroller instead of yelling for him to get out of her room. All of a sudden she is worried about Nana and if I am doing ok as well. My sweet girl. As much as she flashes me the attitude I could not love her one little ounce less. She is turning into an amazing caring young woman. She has values and a conscience. She loves God and wants to be the person he wants her to be. My sweet sweet little Mary.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: