Sunday, September 4, 2011

Adjusting to School.

This one is stubborn. Yep, 100% stubborn! I joke and say he came out screaming and has not stopped. He can throw one heck of a fit and when he sets his mind to something you are in for a fight if you disagree. School in the morning with me started the same way...he thought he would do what he wanted. Well, this momma had other plans. I made rules and I intended for him to follow them. We hold hands in the hallway, you do not eat breakfast at my desk, you do not leave my room in a mess, no fighting with your sister, ice cream is for Friday only if you have a good week. The first two days I stood in the middle of the hallway with my hand extended waiting for him to take hold. The next two days he had to come back to my room and clean up his mess before school. Then there was the lunch incident. I went to get ice and there he was! My sweet little kindergartner getting his tray. I walked over to grab a quick hug and the boy put his head down like he didn't know me! I was crushed. Macho said it was embarrassing to have your mom come over and kiss you at lunch. I agreed to a high five and then two days later that was embarrassing too. Well, I was crushed. I whispered in his ear that I would not be back. For two days I held back ( trust me...it took a lot) and didn't get my ice while I knew he was in the cafe. Then on Friday it happened. He was leaving for class and he turned around and with those big blue eyes said "I'll see you at lunch Mom! I love you!". I won't even pretend! I almost jumped up in the air! My heart was brimming with love! He was ready for a hug at lunch and even reached for my hand as we walked all over the school that afternoon. I guess he gets a little bit of his stubborn from me.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: