We have been sick...super sick. It started on Tuesday morning about 4 and then zig-zagged through the house all week! Let me explain...Jack was first. I stayed home with him and we thought we were clear! Tim stayed home on Wednesday just to make sure and that is when Brady started. I stayed home on Thurday and we held our breaths that we were clear (again). All was awesome and we were back to work on Friday until about 12 when I got it. Thanks to great friends and Tim I made it home by 3:15 and only got sick at school once. Saturday I felt bad but with the impending snow knew it was time to pull up the bootstraps and go for it! I made all my lists and begged Tim to join me. We all piled in the car-two older children complaining "it was like their only day to play" and headed out. First stop Wags...all sold out of dishwasher soap...raincheck and move on. They all needed hair cuts so off we went. It takes a while to cut all four so Tim ran to Target to get the cheese on sale. All sold out....another raincheck. I used the last of my haircut coupons and with tip walked out for $20! I was super excited as we piled back in and snuck over to Sam's Club. We go every week for their produce. I am finding we are going through more and more food( it is getting harder and harder to stay under $50 a week for food! I can't complain when they drink to much milk and eat to much fruit...right?? My kids LOVE Sams! The sample people are like minidrive throughs and they race from one to the next. I run behind them reminding them to say "thank you" and "please". We made the rounds...I will say it is a great snack and then were ready to check out. As we left the bananas the kids saw one last sample. With pleading eyes I gave in and the older three walked hand in hand to the end of the isle. I checked the basket, put back the extra pack of donuts that had appeared, and reassured Brady that he would too get another sample when I noticed they were not back. I could see them...I could see the sample lady but no one was moving. Tim and I pulled the cart down and there they all were lined up...Jack-it is a great pasta dish-Mary-she already stirred it once-Eli-yep only 3 minutes to go-the sample lady-a bewildered look at her new companions. Needless to say I gathered my crew and left! Tim headed through all the grill/guy stuff on the way to the register and Mary started complaining about her tummy. I figured she was simply hungry since she had been out to play all day and just focused on getting out. I am proud to say we made it out for $37.00. Bread, bananas, cheese, lunch meat, donuts, and I guess a few other odds and ends. Next was Kroger. I HATE Kroger! It is dark, dingy, and crowded! I love19 cent Soft Soap more than I hate Kroger so we headed in to get my soap, some soup(so not a good deal at 1.00 a can, and 4 boxes of Special K. Total $13.00...not bad but not great...I hate KROGER! By this time Mary is getting all drama like...Jack is still whining because we didn't eat pizza at Sams and the little boys are freezing because the temp is dropping like 10 degrees per second and I forgot all their jackets since we were just running a few errands. (not to mention all the dirty looks I was getting from the older crowd). We had come to far to give up so I pushed on...we went to Publix. Jack and Mary wanted to stay in the car and I agreed. I had my list and it would be quick! Tim, the little boys and I made it through Publix in record time everything was SOLD OUT......I gathered my rainchecks and we left. I ended up spending 60 but saved 100. It was more than I wanted but that happens when your hungry and in a hurry. I could see the light at the end of the tunnel and begged to run into CVS. We needed toilet paper, clothes soap and paper towels-all of which I had not bought in months so he agreed. When we got there Mary begged to come in. I argued saying she had just said she was sick and couldn't come in Publix but gave in-BAD MISTAKE! We were going through the isles. Jack singing and me talking to myself because of course everything was sold out when WHAM!!!!!!! Mary starts throwing up...not gagging....throwing up....tons all over the floor. I was just in shock and then she did it again! Finally mommy mode kicked in and I ran to the front and told them my daughter was throwing up. I got her to the bathroom and then want back to survey the damage. The poor boy was just standing there holding his breath. I told him I was clean it up and you would have thought I told him he won the lottery. He said to use anything I wanted to clean it up so I just starting grabbing products and paper towels off the shelves. Mary went to the car and I got on my hands and knees and started scrubbing-darn CVS with their carpet! After an entire roll of paper towels, a bottle of Lysol, a bottle of Clorox wipes, and a bottle of Pine Sol (yep-Ms. Catie....got have the pine smell!) it was all up. I got my list and finished my shopping and went to pay. (I couldn't just leave...we needed toilet paper!) I spent $30 and got 2 packs of toilet paper, 3 packs of paper towels, 4 toothbrushes, 2 bottles of Listerine, and 5 bottles of dish soap. They also gave me back $10 in EBC. Tim was done when I got to the car. He said I totally should have just left it....ummmm...NO! I shop there all the time! Anyway we made it home and I am happy to say after Mary sleeping all day Sunday I think we are all well! Wild I know...but sometimes just apart of the crazy life we lead!
1 comment:
Okay, just reading that stressed me out. We settled for the Wal-Mart route. No coupons!!! I know. I haven't been good about getting my papers on Sunday and our printer is out of ink.
Post a Comment