For the past 10 years we have had a giant painting of a ship in our family room. We bought it on a whim because Jack thought it looked like the Titanic. It has looked great and I still truly loved the picture but I was ready for a change! I am still not sure where I got the idea but I decided to hang a quilt. My family room is 2 stories which is what drew us to the house in the first place yet now we know the truth. They are loud, hard to cool and heat, and almost impossible to decorate. Anyway...I found a quilt on Saturday, bought a rod, and asked my husband if he was ready for a new adventure! The first two shots are the two boys trying to see if I will like it. The room looks like a regular Saturday with a new washer and dryer hence the baskets of clean clothes and the little boy with his hand in the candy pot. Then my sweet husband set to work. It took few hours but he did it! The massive rod is up! I found the clips on clearance at Home Depot and we hung the quilt last night! The pictures don't do it justice! The quilt makes such an impact! I LOVE IT! Now I just need to finish the other wall with the chalkboard! I love when a little thing makes such an impact! (And the ship has a new home in my dining room! It makes a huge impact on the chest!
)
Monday, October 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment