Thursday, January 28, 2010
Just a rough week...
I have been so whiney this week. I have cried or gotten teary eyed at least once a day all week. It happened again today, once at school and then tonight again while rocking the baby. I have been telling myself I am simply tired and the affects of not sleeping more than 6 hours in a night for over a year have finally caught up with me but then just about an hour ago I figured it out. It is almost February. February 4th to be exact. Some years it does not bother me. Sometimes I think because it has been over 20 years that makes it easier. Some years the day even passes and I don't even realize it. Some years my chest hurts more and more as the days get closer. It is one of those years. 21 years ago on February 4th I lost my momma. Even as I type I can hardly breath and my eyes are overflowing. It is normal to miss a parent. It is normal to grieve. This year though my heart feels like its breaking all over again. I think its because I am sorta grieving for my kids and I guess feeling sorry for myself. My kids don't have a grandmother. They have two awesome women who love them. My mother-in-laws are great. I just wanted them to have what I had. Someone at every school event. Someone near by to be there for a weeknight dinner at McDonalds or just to surprise them and be here when we get home. Someone I could pick up the phone and talk to anytime. I have wonderful and awesome people in my life please don't think I do! Tonight though I just really miss my momma. I want to see how she aged. I want to see her hold my babies. I want to smell her perfume and see her in her robe drinking hot tea. I want to watch her roll her hair and apply her makeup. I want her to have met a wonderful man and had the chance to have other children. I guess simply I want her to have lived.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I know how you feel, to an extent. you'll be able to breathe again on Feb. 5th. it's like that for me leading up to April 27th.
i wish your mama had lived too. But then I guess I never would have met you, right? Still, I wish you could have seen her hold YOUR babies. You know she would have adored them.
I wish all of those things for you too. I am sorry you are missing her so much right now. I know she is so proud of you, your family, and the life you and Tim are leading. She is smiling down on you, wishing she could take the pain away. I love you girl.
I agree with Catherine. Your mom is looking down with a huge smile on her face. I love watching you being a mom. You are a wonderful mom! I have learned so much from you and I am a better mom because of you!!! Your mom has a wonderful daughter!
I agree with Catherine. Your mom has a huge smile on her face. You are a wonderful mom. I love watching being a mom. I think you are a great one, and I am a better mom because of you. Your mom is very proud of you.
crying and praying for a peace that surpasses all understanding
Post a Comment