Here are my thankfuls for the week...since it is the week before Thanksgiving!
First and foremost I am thankful for my friends and family. I am going to spend the day with one of my best friends tomorrow and her newest son. Seeing another healthy birth makes me think about how lucky I am that I had not just one but four! My children may be wild but they are mine and I love them more than I ever thought it was possible to love someone. This week my Brady has started scooting everywhere and pulling up! How has the time gone by so fast. Eli after coming home from a very rough day at school hopped (he never just sits down) up beside me on the couch, leaned over and kissed me, and said "I love you Mom." Mary Catherine, my little spiritual leader ran around the house Sunday morning making sure we were all up and getting ready for church. Jack tonight said, "I am going to do this all on my own....don't remind me Mom I got it." He said this while changing the sheets on his bed! Ok...it was starting to smell in his room and I was about to lose it BUT instead of pitching a fit he simply stepped up to the plate. I simply smile when we are all in the living room together watching a movie.. it is just cool!
My friends....where do I begin! I have those who reassure me daily I am doing the right things as a mom and help me deal with the huge amount of momma guilt I have. There are those who make me laugh and give me a reason to smile each day. There are those who love my children and give them the special attention they love to receive. There are those who encourage me in my faith and provide an awesome example of a Christan for me to follow. Last there is my very best friend in the whole world...my hubby. The man who no matter what stands beside me. When those marriage vows said thick and thin I am not sure he knew that meant hormones, weight gain and loss, momma guilt, massive piles of coupons everywhere, or an huge aversion to housework but he is still here by my side! (AND on top of all of that he wears all the "Dad Wear" we buy for him!)
I am thankful for my job and the blessing of having a second mom for my kids to spend the day with until I can race to come and get them. When I hear the unemployment rate is up again I simply cringe. We may have to "put compliments" in our faculty newsletter, restrain kids who are freaking out, beg and plead children to do their homework and even pick a few bugs out of heads but we have jobs and wonderful people to work with "to boot". I have a lunch bunch this year and I do believe they have saved me! I love the 20 minute stress-free and the time to simply talk and enjoy being friends.
Last, I am thankful for my new hobby couponing. I know...I know stop laughing a hear my out. I have expensive taste. My hobbies in the past have been watching QVC, sewing and just pure shopping. (can you say LOTS AND LOTS of expensive purses!) Couponing combines saving money and buying things I was going to have to buy anyway and the best part is the cheaper you get something the better you feel. So...now my hobby is how much money can I save instead of how much did I spend and feel guilty about. Ok...now that I have typed all that it is pretty stupid...but it is still true. :) Tonight my total was 224 and I paid 56. You can't beat that!
Well...that wraps up my thankfulness for today. It is not Pulitzer worthy but its from the heart! (And my dollar bag of Doritos, free frosting, free napkins to wipe my fingers, and .15 cent orange soda make it even better!)
No comments:
Post a Comment