Sunday, November 8, 2009

Restaurant.com and Pumkin Carving

I found a great web site called Restaurant.com. You put in your zip code and they show you all the restaurants in your area that offer gift certificates. They were having an 80% off sale so I bought 4! I was so excited!! We used our first one last Friday night. We went to Caprese in Hamilton Mill. Our bill was 64 before the coupon and 39 after. Not bad for 5 adult sized meals. We even took home enough to eat it all again on Saturday for lunch. I snapped this picture of the boys. It was then I realized that we NEVER go out to eat. What a great and affordable way to add this treat to our end of the week. This week we went to Johnny's Pizza in Dacula. I did not pull out the camera but I was a happy clam. Our total bill was $28. I do have to say I noticed something I had never seen before. Johnny's is a open area where you simply choose where you want to sit. We came in and sat at a table of 8 to the left of the door. I chose the open area since I know we are not the most quiet and I try to respect others out to dinner. So...as people started to come in they would look at our table and if they did not have kids themselves make a bee-line to the other side. As we were about to leave a family with 5 kids came in and sat next to us. The mom looked at me and smiled and her kids were all counting mine and telling the father we had a bunch of kids too. How funny!
These are not in the right order considering I have not yet posted the pictures of the pumpkin patch but oh well. This year Dad did the carving. Can you see the stool for him to sit on and the organized towel and paper towels on the floor? Also, did you miss the beer on the counter? :) They had a good time. Jack was outside playing. I really wanted him to come in and carve it with us but I am starting to realize he is hitting the age when we are just not cool and he has better things to do. :(
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Evans' said...

If you can be lucky enough to get the Restaurant.com ones to McCray's in Lawrenceville, it's great, and they have brunch on the weekend, too!! Love Restaurant.com!