Sunday, November 15, 2009

Jumping on the random thoughts train...

A few friends have posted random thought posts and I have enjoyed them so! Here are my random thoughts at this moment!
We ate dinner by candle light this week. It was Eli's idea. I will never look at eating by candle light the same way again. :) Mary looked at me and said, "How is this so great...I can't even see what I am eating!." I am not sure everyone who eats by candle light has NO OTHER lights on in the ENTIRE house.
I also discovered this week that just like in the movies if you put real dish soap in the dishwasher it overflows with bubbles. Mary wanted to impress us and make them extra clean.
Brady is growing up! We now have a tooth and he pulled himself up to sitting on the edge of the crib tonight. I also discovered you do relax a bit the more kids you have...Eli, Brady and I were at Target by 9 a.m. Saturday morning. We had popcorn and Dr. Pepper because Dad says we can get popcorn EVERY time we go to Target. As we walked through the toy section Brady started to fuss and without thinking I bit a small piece off and popped it in his mouth. Way to go mom...start them on junk young! His little blue eyes lit up. He now grabs at any food I am holding.
I have a mountain of papers to grade.
I really wanted to go to Target today and buy the dvd The Shred. A friend at church is doing it and she looks AWESOME. Instead I ate a bag of carmel corn and went to Publix for the sale on Chex Mix and Doritos.
My boy is growing up. We had to tell him Santa died along time ago and it was us that carry on the tradition. It was almost as hard to do as explaining the terms bi-sexual and lesbian. Should I really have to do this all in the same week?
I also went to my first middle school conference this week....it was not near as scary as I thought it would be.
I really do have a lot of random thoughts.
I would love to sew tonight but Collins Hill Walmart is out of bobbin thread. The dealership across the street does have a white Yukon XL with power lift gate though...
My hubby rocks...he never complains.
I thought I could get shiny and non frizzy curls with the magnetic rollers I bought at Walmart Friday night.....I was once again wrong.
I hate to clean house but love the smell of Pine Sol as it floats through the air when I am done.
I also love to vacuum. It is quick, easy and makes a big difference.
During the day sometimes at school I wonder what they are presenting on QVC...that is scary.
I think I am ready to decorate for Christmas. I love to sit and watch the lights at night and to watch the 25 days of Christmas on ABC Family. I also can't wait to see all my kids in their new Christmas Eve pjs. Maybe I will wrap them up and let them open them on December 1st so they can wear them the whole season.
If I had life to do all over again I would go for it and even make some of the same mistakes twice.
I really wish I could dance. I did take the ballroom dancing lessons. I was the only one under the age of 65. It was not such a great experience. Tim can dance...I think it is so romantic. I wish I could too.
I think music is magical. At the end of our church service today the music was so awesome! I wish I could just bottle it and carry it with me during the week.
I really love blogs. I think it is such an awesome way to keep up with people and really follow their lives. My heart breaks for the mommas with sick babies.
I could go on forever so I am closing for tonight.
This was certainly another week in paradise.
If you made it this far I am impressed. You must be one of my good friends. :)

I googled overflowing dishwashers for a picture and this came up. It is not my house but Tim and I really got a kick out it. What would you have to put in a toilet to make it do this??? I do remember in 3rd grade I flushed my conduct report down the toilet since it said "N" and I thought it was not fair. What did Mrs. Jenkins mean I talk to much in class.

I just asked my husband for his reading glasses....am I really squinting at the computer already!!!

I will leave you with my last random thought...I really hope Jack does not try his great idea of making a blowtorch at home with a candle and can of bathroom spray.

4 comments:

Catherine Boozer said...

I really appreciate your random thoughts :)

Anonymous said...

AND I LOVE YOU. FOREVER.

Myrna said...

That toilet picture is really funny for some reason! It's like the shape of the bubbles or something! Great post! Those questions sound so tough. I love that I can just give my kids short answers to that stuff right now...but I know my day is coming. I, too, love ABC Family's Christmas movies. Going to set the DVR right now!

The Mayfields said...

What a wonderful way to get out your thoughts! This makes me think that I am not so random at my thinking!