Sunday, June 21, 2009

Week of Fun!

This was my last week off before teaching for 2 so the kids and I had a week of quality time! It started on Monday when the crew came over to swim. Buzzy loves it when his friends come over. On Tuesday we headed to Discover Mills with Lori and Colin for some pottery painting. Word to the wise, it is a good bit more expensive that I had remembered. Everything is $20 and up. Eli picked a mug for his father's day present and Mary Catherine picked a big nosed dog. Colin did an icecream bowl. Lori and I spent the next hour refilling the kids paint trays and watching them happily glop paint all over their creations. I get to pick them up on Tuesday and I can't wait to see the results. They say the more layers the deeper the colors so ours should be saturated and bee-u-ti-ful! Wednesday we went to the library (always an adventure with Buzzy) and then the Boozers came back over to swim again. It was super overcast but the kids did not seem to mind. Eli and Cadence jumped off the edge, swam to the steps, and then jumped again. Brock lowered himself into the water, laughed at the other the two and pee peed off the deck as many times as possible. (I wish Catherine the best of luck at any public pools. I think my redneck pool has ruined him with its lack of potty and swimwear optional rules.) On Thursday we all piled into the car and drove over the the Mayfield Dairy with the Mayfields. Eli and Dax were most excited about the giant cow. My kids also liked the udders...I am not sure they knew what they were but they thought they were super cool! We did the tour and ate icecream all without one fit or cry. I just had to take a picture of the sign posted right before you walk in. I guess they had people taking the tour AND nursing at the same time. That must have been one coordinated mamma! haha!The babies were awesome and didn't even fuss when we put their hair nets on. It was SUPER hot but we had a super time! On Friday I went to school for the first time but was home by 12. After lunch I took the kids up to work in my classroom for a while. It was truly a short while since the air was not on. Brady took a nap on the floor, Mary helped me put up the calendar board and Buzz laid on the floor and enjoyed watching Curious George on the huge screen. They love to be in my classroom and now with all the furniture all moved to one side it is like a big playground to Buzz. We finished off the week with Quin's and Harris's birthday party. It was gymnastics at the YMCA. It was a bit warm but I don't think the kids noticed. Eli LOVED every minute! I think his favorite part was the trampoline mine was the cake. (I am not sure why I am so into b-day cake lately!) He went up and down that thing I swear 100 times. We had an awesome week of fun! I love summer and hanging out with my kids. No homework, no place to be, and no routine! Summer Rocks....well all except the heat!

No comments: