Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Little Early but I am on a roll....

I will finish my birthday post with my own! On the 28th I will be 33 years old! WOW! That seems so old! Tonight Mary asked me what I wanted for my birthday. She actually got a pad and pen so she could write it down. I just had to smile. I thought for a moment and then told her a bottle of body wash from B &BW and a frame from Kohls that says "the girls" so I can put a picture of the two of us in it. Isn't it funny how when your older you don't spend weeks thinking about what you want. Although I do have to say...I have been thinking about a cake! I am craving some serious cake lately. Ok...back on track. To end my birthday post I am going to list my favorite things about the last 33 years.
  1. My mom-she may not have been through the whole 33 with me here on Earth but I feel her here each day!
  2. My Nana-she has been through the whole 33-bless her heart!!
  3. My Aunt Biddie-someone who always listens and can make anything bad seem funny and good in some way!
  4. Tim-I can still remember when he walked into class on the first day! I thought to myself "I am going to marry that man!" He sure didn't know what he was getting into! He stands by me in the good times and the bad. I could never have know what an amazing husband and father I was getting!
  5. The birth of Jack-my sweet boy! Talk about a love bug! He is still good for a cuddle and a great story.
  6. The birth of Mary- my sweet daughter! My partner in crime! I love that we can sit together on the couch for hours and watch t.v. or shop from dusk to dawn!
  7. The birth of Eli-my "buddy"! Eli and I are a match pair! We argue and fuss and hug and kiss. Eli keeps me on my toes!
  8. The birth of Brady-my angel! God knew I wanted so badly for one more and he gave me an angel. To hold Brady is to know peace. My favorite moments are at 3 a.m. He nurses and then opens those big blue eyes and smiles. Not long after he drifts back into a sound sleep curled up on my chest. Perfection!
  9. My friends. I have so many from so many time periods in my life. My highschool friends have been there since middle school and helped me learn to live without my mom. My college friends helped me recover from the death of my grandfather and taught me how to be a woman. My "adult" friends. The ones who daily hear my motherly complaints and give awesome advice. I am so blessed to have all of you still around. I depend on all of you DAILY!
  10. My faith. We have certainly gone through many churches but one thing has always remained the same. My love for GOD and thankfulness for all that he has done in my life. I can't imagine how I could have ever gotten this far without him. I am truly blessed.

No comments: