
So I have been looking at The Nester's blog and there was a site called The Grocery Game. Pretty much you pay her $10 per month per store and she tells you everything that is on sale and which coupons to use to get the best deal. I thought that was a bit much BUT she offeres 30 days for a dollar so I joined for a trial. I have to say I was quite excited! As most know I am a bit on the cheap side. I am only this way so that I can spend my money on other things...I can't stand to waste or feel like I could have gotten more if I had only waited or went somewhere else. I do believe I get it honestly too since my grandmother (the QVC queen) taught me to never buy something unless it was on sale. Well now being part time it is the rule and no longer the exception. ANYWAY...I know I am drifting...It was my mission to see how much money I could save on this week's groceries. So here goes!! I cut all my coupons this morning and then managed to get two neighbors coupons too. I cross checked all my ads circling things to price match at Walmart. I checked the website I joined for the unadvertised specials and them made my list! I must say I spent way to much time doing this but I think I might have hit the jackpot! During the first trip to Publix I spent $32.00 and saved $29.00. I then realized that Go-gurts (how ever you spell them!) were on sale and I didn't have my coupon so I went home put the kids to bed and headed back out. On my second trip to Publix I spent $30 and saved $10.36, this purchase was a bit more since I bought the three for ten flowers and some swiffers. It is my special treat to have fresh flowers in the house! So that brings my total spent to $62.00 and saved $39.36 not to bad! Next, (at 9:45 I must add!) I headed to the Winder Walmart. You can always count on the Winder Walmart to be rocking! There I spent 113.88 with tax but saved 41.00 in coupons and price matches. That brings my grand total to......175.88 with and a savings of 80.36! WOW! I am even a bit shocked. I did go over the weekly food budget since I try to stick to about $100 but I have 8 boxes of cereal, 4 boxes of frozen pasteries, 4 boxes of the those squeezable yogurt things and much more that should last about 2 weeks. In the end I don't think you need the membership to the website, just a good marker and a notebook to keep track of all your items. Well, if you made it this far into my grocery shopping adventure I am impressed! It is now 1:00 am and my stepdaughter comes in 5 hours. I guess sleep would be good! I will post tomorrow all about Stephanie's arrive and first day here! We are all very excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment