Wow! June 1st is finally upon us. School is out and the kids are settling into a summer routine of sleepovers and swims in the pool. Our pool may be "red-neck" as I call it but it provides for an instant vacation each day that is worth every "red-neck penny!" :) Here are some pictures from last night of the boys. We are keeping the neighbors kids for the weekend so we have been a party of 7 instead of 5. I truly believe now that once you have three you can add more without a problem. 3 to 5 kids has truly been no big deal with the exception of sleeping. They really need their own rooms or at least their own beds. I feel like an old woman saying over and over again "OK...I REALLY need you to go to sleep NOW." The second issue is not a real big one since we have it anyway with just our three...ordering at the drive through. Tim likes to know what everyone wants and NO ONE can change their order once you decide. Last night he pulled over and got out pencil and paper to write everything down and let everyone know there was no changing once he pulled to the window. I had to laugh because he gets so annoyed with the change of a drink or side item. The sad part is it is not common for me to make changes at the very last second and truly send him over the edge. Well, last night was half off at Sonic so we treated them all to what ever they wanted. This showed us we may be able to handle 5 kids but we sure can't afford 5 kids! It was $24 AT HALF PRICE! Can you imagine almost $50 to eat FAST FOOD! We would never been able to see the inside of a sit down restaurant again!!! haha! The other pictures I attached are of Mary Catherine and I in our matching outfits that I made. Poor Tim always goes along with my wild plans. I got in the shower at 7:00 on Saturday night and decided I wanted to make us outfits for church THE NEXT DAY. So I headed to Jonanns by 8:00 and was home by 9:30. I started cutting and finally finished the outfits, hair bows and flipflops by 2:30. I was so tired yet a bit proud I had made it start to finish. Mary of course was not truly excited since she didn't care for the chicken fabric (She wants Hannah Montana EVERYTHING and I am a bit to old to wear Hannah Montana across my rear! Although I am not sure big wild chickens were much better!!) but could see from the bags under my eyes that it would be a good idea to put it on without a fight. One last funny before I end. Tim and I have been talking a good bit about Jack being in 5th grade next year. This is the year they get the lesson on "the human body" and from what I hear there are MODELS!!! So I have been explaining to Tim that it really should be his job to talk to Jack about the birds and the bees before all this stuff starts. SO....yesterday I am sitting in the chair and Jack walks in. He sits on the couch and looks at me with those big brown eyes and says "Mom, remember when you said if I ever have a question about my body I could always ask you?" My stomach dropped like I was on a roller coaster. I began to break out in a cold sweat and my mouth went instantly dry. I looked frantically around for Tim who was of course no where to be found!!! I smiled my best supportive mom smile and sweetly said "Yes, of course Jack you can always ask me whatever you need to. You know Mommy will always be honest with you and help you in any way." He looked at me once again with those big brown eyes and said it a sweet little voice "Why does my back bone hurt after I sit in the sun for a while?" I almost jumped for joy! I felt like I had dodged a jumbo size bomb and rushed over to him to tell him his back was fine it was simply because he had been jumping and playing in the pool a lot lately. He simply got up and walked off to find his friends and watch Scooby Doo. WOW! I thank GOD for the small gift of time. I know that this talk will come soon but WOW I will take any time I can get!! Motherhood....Motherhood....Motherhood....it's never dull! The last picture is of Buzzy. I was uploading the pictures for the blog and Buzzy comes over. " Cheese me Mommy please" So I took a few pictures. He cracks me up my little man!!
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Okay, so I don't think that I will be able to write or have such pretty blog as you, but I am giving it a try. You'll have to check it out!
Post a Comment