Sunday, September 4, 2011

I've been missing my blog...

My boys all sitting together watching Scooby doo on the couch.
Yep...stick picking that nose all the time!
I have not been posting. It seems like the days get away from me and then I feel I need a picture and then I just walk away. Well, my goal is to post something for the next 30 days. Maybe not always a picture, maybe not always something great but something each day. So here goes. It has been a crazy start to the school year to say the least. Week 1 was just plain...week 1. Buzzy started kindergarten, Mary started 5th, and Jack 8th. Week 2 brought Mary with a head full of lice. Week 3 brought Open house for me on Tuesday, Open House for Mary on Thursday and Mary's birthday on Saturday. Week 4 brought "meet the teacher" for Brady, a lost bridge for me (AGAIN!), career day for Buzzy, and Open House for Tim. Mary also signed up for acting classes on Monday night and Buzzy started karate which is 2 nights a week. We are managing quite well balancing the driver's ed. and nightly activities. Our routine is falling into place. Buzzy loves school. (although he is "not a fan of all the coloring".) Brady is going to do great and is truly ready for school thanks to MJ. He knows ALL his letters and numbers to 20. The kid never ceases to amaze me! Tonight he was telling me the letter sounds as he jumped from letter to letter on the rug in his room. On the school front Tim was nominated for Teacher of the YEAR!!! I am not surprised, he is an incredible teacher! I have a super, super, super sweet class! School is different without Amy and Catherine. I get my Catherine fix near every morning when we talk on the way to school and I can't wait for Amy to come for Yellow Daisy next weekend. It will be our third year going together. Lori, Brittany and I are eating with the kids and taking them to recess daily. This is a huge change but we are making the best of what's there. I guess that is about it. I love my class but I do miss summer. I think it is simply the lack of schedule. I did make my weight goal and I'm down 15 pounds. 5 more and I will be there! I miss the days at the pool and the afternoon naps. I miss reading for pleasure and just snacking on fresh fruits while the kids play. I miss not having to watch the clock for bed times, homework, or travel times. I guess it is good that school is only 180 days a year. :)

No comments: