Phineas is a bit to curious about these little ones! I don't think he would hurt them....but he wants to play!
Well, out of 11 eggs we only got 3 babies. As of Monday we had 7 so this is a bad hatch. I think it is due to the lid being off to much. :( Anyway! Two hatched on their own (BFC-Big Friendly Chicken and Sophie C, can you tell my class is reading the BFG) and I did a c-section on one this morning, I was very worried about Rocky but he pulled through. I have been amazing by these babies. They are very calm and seem to really know me. In the past when I went to pick one up they would scamper like well...chickens but these simply stand still. When placed on the ground they stay right near me. I guess my big mouth over has really sit in their little brains! Both the Kiep kids at home and school are totally over the moon with these little babies and all night we have had a play by play of their actions. I can't wait to do ducks in the spring!
Thursday, September 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment