
Dad and the kids carved the pumpkins this morning. This is the first year I wasn't in the thick of things and it was quite nice! I made chili and just relaxed! We had a quiet day. Tim and Jack were not feeling well. Nightfall FINALLY came! Buzzy had been in his costume since 9 am when he greeted me with a Happy Halloween Mommy! We met up with the neighbors and circled the neighborhood. Brady had a BLAST! I was shocked at how excited he was! He walked right up to Joy's house and put his hand out! He refused to sit in the stroller and did the best he could to keep up with the big kids. Eli was everywhere but Mary would stay close and hold his hand. He can not say trick or treat but after each person handed him candy I made him say thank you. The next thing I knew he was walking up to people saying thank you and putting his hand out! It was simply the cutest thing ever! We were out about an hour and a half and everyone came in without a fight. Jack of course did not stay with us..but I guess it's time to let him go with his friends. It was nice to see the after trick or treating tradition still in place. My kids always come home and sort their candy. The first pile is the "nuts" pile for dad. Then they make piles and start trading. They each get to eat four pieces. Brady even got in the mix sitting at the table enjoying the mass amount of candy! We had a great Halloween! (Now, can I decorate for Christmas???)
No comments:
Post a Comment