Friday, July 2, 2010

Three boys in a dressing room....

The boys and I went out today. Usually I try to keep it pretty neutral like a walk around the mall or Target but today we ended up at "TJs" as Nana calls, it looking for a cool wine cork for her. As we walked past the new clothes racks I was intrigued and ended up throwing a bunch of stuff in the basket. I will actually have to wear real clothes and shoes again in a month so I thought I would get a head start. Anyway, I used to simply buy and then return if it didn't fit but now 4 kids later it might be 6 months before I hit the same store again AND have those particular items to return so I have had to go back to the dreaded dressing room. We made our way calmly over to the said dressing room. I was already holding Brady since we were out during nap time and he was done. I said a little prayer we would get the handicapped room but to no avail...so we headed down the hall into the little rooms. I should have known by the fan positioned at the door we were headed for trouble. We found an empty little room and piled in It was literally 100 degrees. I hung up my school clothes and started to undress. Jack jumps up covering his eyes telling me how he is scared for life. I just start laughing since he sees me in a bathing suit like ALL the time! He is covering his face and trying to play his DS at the same time. Meanwhile in corner number two sits Buzzy. He is playing with my phone and then begins to toot! Yep...we are all slammed in like clams, it is super hot, and the boy decides it is the best time to have gas issues. He thinks it is super funny and starts laughing which of course makes him toot more. Now for corner number three. We are almost done and I send Jack out with the items I don't want and am trying on my final sweater. It was simply a shrug and I slipped it on over my bra with my shorts...just to see how it fit. Well, of course this is the precise moment when Brady discovers he can crawl out of the door. I turn around and see the tail end of his bottom leaving the stall. I grab the door yelling to Buzzy to catch Brady while I walk out in to the hallway with no shirt on. I simply had to laugh. I ended up putting all the clothes back and taking them to Wendy's for a cool treat. It was quite an afternoon and it still makes me giggle. Motherhood...if this doesn't make you into a warrior nothing will. :)

No comments: