I didn't grow up with a dad. My home was with just a mom. When it comes to "fathering" my only "examples" are my grandfather and of course what I saw on t.v. I knew I always wanted to be a mom and I even knew I wanted four kids, what I didn't know was how important my husband choice and his feeling about kids would affect my life. A father's love is something special. It is different from a mother's love and is a bond that can never be replaced. God knew what he was doing when he sent me Timothy Jon. There are so many reasons I love this man, I could go on and on. Here are just a few...
- Every time you walk into this house you grab and hug everyone one of your kids. You can see the joy in your eyes and the happiness in your face.
- The pool....need I say more. When you step into that water you become 13 years old again and play, splash, throw, and swim around with the kids until all of your are worn out.
- I love to sneak by and watch you read to Buzzy. The character voices and tickles warm my heart!
- The bond you and Jack have formed as he has grown older. The advice you give him and the way you have taken control this year to make sure everything is ok at the school. I also love when you guys talk sports and history and Jack tries to show off his new found knowledge.
- I love how you never complain when I get into trouble. There is always a smile and a hug. After I feel your arms around me I know it will all be ok.
- You also never complain when I get off on one of my tangents and take us on an adventure, whether it be family pictures AGAIN or something wild I have bought off of Craigslist or even a family trip to see the Alpacas.
- The love in your eyes when you snuggle with Mary. How you let her do your hair if she promises to scratch your back. That girls is a Daddy's girl for sure!
- Your new philosophy on why we don't have to be on time anywhere, "Well, we have 4 kids! No one should expect us to be on time!"
- You wear your father's day t-shirts, no matter how faded they get, with pride!
- When you rock Brady to sleep. You say he doesn't like you to sit, so you stand and rock him and rub his back.
- I LOVE the when you lay on the couch and snore BUT SWEAR you're not asleep.
- Most of all I love how you are as a father. I could not imagine a better role model and care giver for our children. Thank you for your patience, energy, and love! We love you too!
No comments:
Post a Comment