Underneath his plate was a gift card to I-tunes to go with the MP3player Dad and I got him. He has been so sad since his Ipod went through the wash. Hopefully this one will last a bit longer! :) Tomorrow is his pool party! Since this blog serves as my family album I decided to do something different this year. Here is my letter to Jack. Dear Jack, Can you really be 13! Are you sure you're not still in diapers depending on Dad and me for everything. It seems like time has flown by so quickly. You are my first son. You are my light! We are so alike! I can not even begin to explain the joy you have given your dad and me! Your heart is truly gold and I could not be prouder of you and all that you have accomplished in just 13 years! Thank you for always seeing the best in everyone. Thank you for making me laugh and keeping me young. Thank you for reminding me of what life is like at age 13 and helping me to make the best decisions for you. Thank you for always hugging and kissing me goodnight. Thank you for smiling at me as you sit in the front seat of the car and sing along to songs on the radio. Thank you for reminding me to slow down and enjoy the moment. Thank you for enjoying your youth and not rushing the future. Thank you for our talks and sharing your life with me. Thank you for your hugs and always calling me Mommy. Thank you for loving me! You are a wonderful son and great big brother. I could not have asked for a better and more loving son to shower your siblings with love (ok...maybe not as much Mary...but you love the boys!) Jack, stay true to yourself, follow your dreams, have faith in yourself, and never stop believing. You can and WILL do anything your heart desires! I love you sweet boy of mine! I am proud to call you my son! Mommy
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Happy Birthday Jackie!!!!
After finally deciding on how to spend his birthday money (Thank you Gammer!) Jack was shocked I would not let him start building his set last night. He was so excited he was up at 7:00 and downstairs getting started. He has literally worked on the sets all day. This boy loves him some Legos. ( I don't mind them with the exception of the killing men who come with them....what ever happened to sweet old Thomas and the other trains!) He also for the first time this year got really into all his cards. It is so neat to see his sense of humor develop. He read them to everyone who came in. He of course also loved the ones with a little extra special treat! There is not telling how he will decide to spend his birthday treats. (Thank you Nomi and Grandaddy!!)
At our house the tradition is get to eat cake for breakfast. Jack had two cakes this year. This is his first, strawberry cupcakes with chocolate icing. The second comes tomorrow....can you say cookie cake! (this boy and I are one in the same!) You also get to choose every meal and eat cake all day if you want. Not bad being a member of the Kiep house..... :) I made pancakes for breakfast!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment