Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Mom..I have been doing this since like 3rd grade!

Tonight Jack dropped a bomb at dinner. Let me start from the beginning. Tim cooked an amazing dinner while I ran around buying muffins for Muffins for Mom tomorrow (yep, I used to stay up late and make them but this time I simply headed to Target...so sad). We walked in the door and sat right down for dinner. The pasta is great, everyone is eating, and then it happened! Jack asks me, "Mom, if someone tells you not to tell anyone does that include your parents?" I won't even lie...I freaked...did someone molest him, did that other kid hit him on the way down to school, WHAT COULD IT BE!!! I calmly took a breath and replied. "Yes, Jack you should always tell your mom and dad. We are here to help you and always support you." (be calm, Andrea...we can handle whatever it is!) "Mom, Abygail asked me to go out today." he smiled as he said. WHEW! OK...I can handle this...I think. "Wow, Jack that is great. Where does she want to go?" "No, Mom! She asked me if I wanted "to go out". WHAT!!! LIKE GO STEADY!!! SERIOUSLY!!! I wanted to crawl under the table and at the same time find Chuck and get some super spy bugs to put on him so I could watch everything. Anyway, he explained that she had walked up to him the hallway and asked him if he wanted to "go out" and then said they should try it for a week without telling anyone. That would give her time to break it to her friends. I do know that one of her friends likes him and was calling a good bit so I am assuming that is what that is all about but tonight as I look at my boy laying on the bed with the IPOD in his ears and asking me about calling Abygail I just want to cry! My baby is a teenager. He is fighting the personal battle between childhood and adulthood and this is just another challenge. This is when he told me it was all nothing to worry about...he had been "going out with girl" since like 3rd grade when he started having "lunch dates". SERIOUSLY!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Myrna said...

I feel for you Andrea! I know that my day is coming. Way to go Jack for the girl asking HIM out! I like his style!