Tuesday, March 2, 2010
My girl made me proud!
Mary Cate as she now prefers to be called is my drama queen. She pouts when I pick out her clothes, she pouts if Jack gets anything she doesn't, and she can through some major momma guilt my way. Yet more and more each day she simply warms my heart. Ok...for the background. We went to Walmart the night before and she bought herself a set of 8 earrings. She LOVES jewelry and accessories. The next day after dropping the boys off I notice I forgot my earrings. (as one of my kids said to me at the beginning of the year "Mrs. Kiep do you really change your earrings EVERYDAY?" and the answer to that is YES! I HATE to be without earrings) I immediately make a huffing noise and mumble how ticked I am I forgot my earrings and don't have time to go and get any. (ok...maybe I do know where she gets a very little bit of her drama issues) Well, my sweet girl leaned up and took off her brand new earrings and handed them to me. WITHOUT saying one word!! I looked back and said to her, "Sweetie you just bough these last night, I don't want to take your new earrings." and my sweet girl looked at her momma and said...." Mom, you always put me first so I thought I would put you first." WOW! What sweet words to make my heart simply melt! I wore them proudly all day! I sure do love me some Mary Cate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment