Sunday, March 21, 2010

Mary Catheine and Catie

Last weekend the kids and I ventured over to North Point. I wanted to run into Pottery Barn Kids and it seemed like a great time to go on an adventure since we couldn't find any yard sales to shop at. :) I say adventure because I truly had forgotten exactly how far it was from our home to North Point in the car alone with 4 kids who are hungry and mad because there are no yard sales AND I got them up at 7 am on Saturday. Do you get my drift..... So, we arrive at North Point and there are NO stores open because it is only 9:30 EXCEPT the American Girl store. Mary is super excited and we head in. Poor Brady is still in his p.j.s (we were just going to yard sales!!) so I dress him quickly on a bench with the kids surrounding me. I am in sweats with my hair pulled up and the boys each picked out their own clothes. Do you get my drift..... We head in the posh store surrounded by well dressed moms and daughters ready for extreme shopping and tea. I do believe we got some looks. Thank goodness I am old enough now to simply smile back and keep going (well really what I mean is smile and then quickly scan the super crowded store hoping and praying the boys are not tearing something up!) And then it happened. Mary Catherine spied the twin dolls. She instantly circled around the display and found the doll she has been looking at in the catalog for almost 2 years. The look on her face was priceless. My heart melted thinking back to all the times as a young girl I looked at the same catalog and wished for a doll. As you can guess she asked and I said yes. I think she was as shocked as I was that I had said yes. We took Catie to the register and then right outside to take her out of the box. Mary Catherine has never been a doll girl so I am enjoying every moment of her "doll time". She plays with her constantly and it is heartwarming to watch.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Catherine Boozer said...

They are both beautiful!!