Sunday, October 11, 2009

It will be funny one day...

Last night in the middle of the bib on the head and unloading groceries the neighbor (we will call her B) and her mom came to visit. This is never a good thing. I invite them in and explain we are sick and so forth. She then precedes to tell me that MY daughter along with her daughter and the other little girl in the neighborhood (we will call her A)collected cans of spray paint from our assorted garages and then proceeded to spray paint B's swing set, the road, a piece of yard art and a small part of their home. I WAS SHOCKED! Mary of course instantly went into tears and Tim flipped. I guess it was one of those times I will look back on and laugh.....just not now. Well...after a long talk and a reminder about that voice inside of you that tells you when your doing something wrong I think we are through with the spray paint. She went to bed right after the talk last night and is grounded today. At this moment she is cleaning up the breakfast dishes and for once did not make one complaint. Parenthood is certainly never boring. Oh and I can not forget my sweet boy!!! Eli came to me yesterday too. He looked up at me with those big blue eyes while lifting up his shirt and said "Mom, look! I have boobies just like you. Only mine didn't fall down like yours." For once I was speechless. :)

2 comments:

Myrna said...

This sounds like an episode of something I would definitely watch on TV! You'll be laughing sooner than you think!

Unknown said...

LOVE the boob story. Reminds me of when Ethan was about three and asked me why I have "two penises" up there. Nice.

Thanks for the idea of doing dishes as a part of punishment. I'll have to add that one to the list.