Saturday, August 22, 2009

My poor sweet blog...

Can we all tell who went back to work? Since preplanning it has been wild here. I can lay in bed and think about the posts and comments I want to make but after I get the kids in bed I have simply been falling into bed. Getting up at 5:00 in addition to a midnight feeding is a little more tiring than I had expected BUT I will say it is all going great. Can you come to my house? NO! Is the laundry done? NO! Do I even care that there have been baskets of folded laundry in my living room for over a week (that the children will actually go through to get clothing out of) ? Not really.... I guess I have fallen off the wagon. No Martha Stewart here. (well, I am not really sure I was her before but now there is not a glimpse of common style. :) Am I happy and playing on the floor with my kids after dinner? YES! Am I cuddling and loving on Brady from the moment I get home until he falls asleep in my arms? YES! I have found I enjoy every hour we have together more than usual and I can't wait to hear about their day at school. Speaking of school Jack is loving middle school. I think it is because there are no major tests yet and the homework is light but we will take all we can get around here. He has decided to play the cello and I am excited to say Nana is bringing mine here this week. I bet my mama never about my son playing it one day when she was making those payments back in 1987. WOW! Mary Catherine is also doing well. She loves third grade and I think we both kinda like it just being us two girls in the morning after we drop off the boys at MJ's house. Speaking of the other two boys. Buzzy is loves being back at school (although he really misses Sam and Ansley) and talks about his new best buddy Alexandra all the time! He has even told me how he is going to spend the night at her house and sleep in her bunk beds. (I am pretty sure she doesn't even have bunk beds but hey... we can let him dream right??) Brady is also doing wonderful. He has finally figured out that he has to drink the milk from the bottle and has even started cereal. We have had a 2 weeks packed full! I guess you could say the Kiep family is adjusting. There is a lot less time playing in the pool and lots more time getting ready for the next day and heading off to practice but I could not be happier with this amazing life God has given to me!

No comments: