Sunday, July 5, 2009

Thrifty Girl

So...I have been researching other front carriers. I have a fancy one I bought at a yard sale but my poor babies legs go blue...which is common I have learned. So...I went searching on the internet to see what I could find. I fell in love with two asian style wraps, the mei tai and moby wrap. They both are really cool and hold babies up to 35 pounds. I searched and searched all over the internet and the prices were a bit much for me...well actually Tim. (He said there was no way I was spending $50-100 for a carrier....men) I then went into "thrifty" mode. I checked Craigslist and found two but they were still $40 to $70 and it did not fit into the budget. So.....I googled how to make a moby wrap and then headed to Wally-world. I am now the proud creator of my own wrap and even had enough left over to make one for Allison. Tomorrow I am going back to Walmat to buy some more material so I can have then in lots of colors. My total investment....$10 for 2 wraps!! I feel super cool!
(this is also my new skirt I bought with my b-day money-love it!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude...they hold kids up to 35 lbs?!?!?!? i'll pay you to make one for haddie...this whole not walking thing is killing me!!! i'd love to be able to wrap her up and and have my hands free...

Becky said...

I love this moby wrap...and totally easy to make your own! I have a ring sling that I like, but I think this looks way comfortable!