Saturday, July 11, 2009

A short trip up north...well north of here.

Little man when he FINALLY fell asleep on the way home. We tried everything to make him like the car including his own DVD player. (it didn't work...he screamed while he watched)
Out for dinner the first night. It was funny to hear everyone congratulate us on becoming parents. This place had the best barbecue chicken pizza! Yummy!
Brady laying on the bed in the hotel just a smiling!
Tim and I decided to take a short getaway. Mary and Eli were excited to go until Aunt Biddie agreed to come and visit if they wanted to say home. Needless to say they dropped us like a hot potato. So Tim, Brady and I headed up to Charlotte to see what it was all about. We figured it was a short drive and a great getaway for Tim and I. We had a great time and enjoyed a bit of quiet time with just each other. The trip up and back took FOREVER since my lovely son hates to ride in the car but he was perfect while we were there so I can't complain. It also gave us a great excuse to stop at both sets of outlet malls and eat in real restaurants not fast food! I am now the proud owner of a new coffee table and some new pillows for the big brown couch. Now if I can just get Tim to rehang the pictures from the hallway about the couch I will have a whole new room! (I will post a picture when he does!) Anyway on the trip we ate great food, strolled around bookstores and shoppes, snacked on cookies and coke zero on the bed after dinner and enjoyed the small version of Atlanta. I bought myself a cool pair of red rubber shoes that you can change the ribbon out and Tim indulged in white chocolate nut cookies. We also splurged on what we thought were monogrammed coasters only to find out on the way home they were paper disposable ones AND were not all "K" but some "M" too. I guess I should read the package better next time! I would live in Pineville in a heart beat. It truly reminded me of what Atlanta (well Smyrna and Stone Mountain) were like when I was growing up. It was a much needed 3 day trip!

No comments: