Thursday, June 18, 2009

Our June Birthday Celebrations

June is a busy birthday month in my family. We start with Elizabeth on the 9th then my mom, my father-in-law and Aunt Libby on the 12. Next, we head to the 17th which is Jack and finish the month with me on the 28th. So...these are my birthday posts for the month of June. I will start with Momma. This year she would have been 56 years old. It is strange to type that. It seems so old. She passed away at age 36 so I guess she will always be that old in my mind. This picture of the two of us is the last one. She was sick in this one but it was at the beginning. I also have a HUGE painting of this picture that her art teacher did as a gift. I think my mom looks awesome, it is pretty much how I remember her except her hair was short here since it was starting to fall out. Me on the other hand...yuck...can you tell I have always had hair issues. haha! I remember how much I did not want to go and have this picture taken. Average 11 year old with major attitude. Now I treasure it so. Thank you Momma for making me go! Thank you for taking care of me when you should have focused on yourself. Thank you for being the perfect example of a mother. I am proud to be your daughter! Happy Birthday Momma...your are always on my mind and in my heart!

No comments: