Friday, June 26, 2009

I am addicted!!

I have started buying useless kitchen gadgets! I am not sure what has gotten into me. I hate clutter and most of the time throw away items that clutter my house (or classroom for that matter! Boy will Catherine miss me!) BUT...in the last month I have bought three!! It all started at Walmart when I bought an ice-t maker. I am a true southern gal and drink tea 365! I also hate to make it. I hate to wait on the water to boil and then wait again for the tea bags to seep. Well..not to fear I can now make 2, yes I said 2 pitchers (one sweet for the fam and one unsweet for me) in less that 10 minutes!! This thing rocks! Now onto my second useless item. A fruit and veggie cutter...I know it sounds weird but it cuts all kinds of things in three different patterns. The first is like the potato chips and Zaxbys, the second is like spaghetti noodles and the third is one that thinner like noodles. My kids are eating apples like crazy! They love to cut them up and and since it makes one string out of the whole apple they hold it in the air like a fruit by the foot. I have also cut up lots of veggies to do an easy saute' for me. It is totally cool! My last and newest gadget is a snowcone machine. It came today and tonight we tried it out tonight and they all loved it! All I could think of was what a great little machine for making quick "adult" drinks. Next, spring I will try it out and let you know! I wonder what will catch my fancy next???

2 comments:

Myrna said...

Kitchen gadgetry is really my only vice. I have a bread machine, waffle iron, george foreman, electric griddle, food processor, mixer, coffee grinder, french press, blender, immersion blender, 2 fondue sets, and countless tools from a mezzaluna (which I used today) to a cherry stoner (which I used 2 days ago). As long as I have cabinets to contain them, I will keep buying them! We have a snow cone maker but I think I'd love the peeler/cutter gadget. I'll have to look into that.

Unknown said...

I love kitchen gadgets! I'm really a sucker for kitchen infomercials. That fruit and veggie thing sounds cool. My kids would love to eat apples like that.