Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The articles that say nursing moms can eat whatever they want LIE!

Ok...about 3 weeks ago right after Easter Brady had 2 REALLY bad nights. He was up almost every hour and wanted to do nothing but nurse. Yet when we began to nurse he would flip out and start screaming again. They were REALLY long nights. After talking to Amy I decided to call the doctor. As I spoke to the nurse she asked me what I had been eating. Have you been eating broccoli? Nope. Have you been eating lots of green veggies or cabbage? Nope. Have you been eating lots of dairy like yogurt or milk? Nope. Have you been eating a lot of chocolate? Ummmmm...well it was 2 days after Easter and well Brady could not eat the candy in his basket and well it was on sale and I can't pass up a good deal. She then began to tell me that it can give babies really bad gas and this is what most likely happened to my little one. So the new rule was no chocolate. We all know what happens when someone says you can't have something. It begins to become the only thing you want to eat. I was craving chocolate cake, chocolate milk and pretty much any solid form of chocolate. I made it 3 more weeks and then began to do research on the Internet (a solid source of medical truth right!). The articles I found said that all babies have gas no matter what the mother eats. AHHHH! YES!!! Chocolate here I come! I had chocolate covered popcorn at church on Sunday morning. Chocolate milk after lunch . The head of my Dove Easter bunny later that night. Then yesterday I went to buy boxes of chocolate for teacher appreciation. When I got home Tim remarked that we were teachers too. So we ate almost an entire box. It was wonderful!! Man I love chocolate and thanks to my stubbornness and faith in the Internet medical advice I thought about it ALL LAST NIGHT! Brady was up EVERY hour on the HOUR with gas pains. All I could do is rock my poor son and whisper in his ear how sorry I was and that I would not do it again. Lesson learned...I promise!

No comments: