Ok... a lot of people post a "wordless wednesday" but this was simply to good to pass up. Let me start at the beginning. My sweet little boy (the youngest) has been , should I say struggling with his vocabulary. He seems to prefer to say wonderful little words that earn him a healthy dose of time-out or soap on that sweet little tongue. I am not sure where he could have heard these words from since his mother has a perfect mouth BUT none the less we have been working very hard on breaking this new habit. The middle. My kids want a fish. Now most of you know us very well and know that we are on PERMANENT pet restriction. If I even mention how cute a dog is the family and friends seem to come out of the woodwork reminding me of the many (well 6) failures we have encountered in the last 12 years. Ok...on with the story. Dad said he would be ok with a fish BUT he would not touch it. All THREE children promised me over and over again in Walmart how they would take care of this sweet little fish they wanted so badly. I compromised and said if they behaved for a week we would come back and get the fish. I was really thinking this would be my ticket to a stress free week. I have reminded them of the deal everytime we seem to be on the edge of a fit or fight. The end...the best part. So, last night at dinner after a reminder Buzzy looks at me and says "I being a good boy. I not saying bad words. I only say them in my room in my bed in the dark." My mouth simply fell open. I looked at him and said "What Buzzy??" knowing there is no way he really said what I think he said. My sweet little two year old looked me square in the eye and said "I only say bad words in my bed at night-night time." ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! My little boy is laying in bed saying "damnit" over and over again and throwing in an "oh crap" every once in a while........aghhhhhhhh! What am I doing wrong! :) As Tim says...if Buzzy had been first he might have been an only child!
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm laughing out loud . . .
Oh how seriously funny! I've always heard that the third child is the wild card.
Don't feel bad. Our pastor says that his oldest child's first word was "Dannit". She had just head it from her mom so much.
I've never cussed as much under my breath as I have now that I have kids.
ooooo I think I just peed my pants...that is so very funny!! Look at that face..how can you be mad!! Kiss his cheeks for me! :)
I think i just peed my pants!! Look at that face how can you be mad!! Hey look at the bright side...it wasn't the Fbomb!! Kiss his little cheeks for me! :)
Post a Comment