Friday, November 28, 2008

A special post-Ode to Catherine

There are times in life when GOD puts someone in your life for a reason and I can honestly say I am honored that he gave me Catherine. We have taught together for the last 4 years. Even though it is our last I am sure it will not effect our friendship or need to speak several times a day. :) Today more than ever I am very thankful for Catherine and the good times we have. This morning at 3:40 she picked meup to go shopping. Not only did she not say a word about my ADHD plan about what stores to go to -she simply smiled and said "Let's go!". That my friends is where the fun began. We went to the wrong Kohls (because it was apart of MY plan) so the crowd was HUGE. We made it in the door grabbed a basket AND two huge shopping bags. We hit the toy department and headed to our favorite part the blanket and towel isle in less than 5 minutes. There we grabbed just about every blanket we could get our hands on and together about 40 towels (it truly could have been more but I lost count). We headed for the line and that is when my true friend showed her true colors. As we stood in the line of I would say 50-60 people. I got sick. My heart started to race. I just knew I was going to pass out or even worse throw-up in the middle of Kohls. Here we are with a basket that has to be pushed slowly because stuff is falling out at every angle and two HUGE shopping bags so full of towels you can't grab the handles together. I hit the floor sitting at every few feet as the line moved or should I say inched forward. I took off my shoes (when I get sick I get really hot and of course wore tennis shoes and socks) picked up some clearance flip flops and slipped them on. All I could think about was not throwing up and there was Catherine there telling me it would not be a big deal and to go outside to cool off. When I couldn't take it any longer I put my tennis shoes back on (you know I would set off some alarms in my stolen flip flops) and headed outside. On my way out I pass the jewelry counter-the EMPTY jewelry counter. One lady says that as long as you buy something you can check out there so.....I run back to get Catherine with what I thought would be the answer to save the day. We GET OUT OF line and head to the jewelry counter only to find out after waiting 10-15 minutes that they would not let you check out after all. I felt AWFUL! The look on Catherine's face said it all but she didn't say a word. We simply walked back to where we were and she asked the ladies to let us back in line. AND THEY LET US! (I am not sure they wanted to but I am also not sure they had a choice). After waiting an hour with me on the floor more than half of the time we finally made it out. During the whole time she never said a word. Only a true friend is a trooper like that! We then divided to conquer Walmart and Target and meet together to hit Joann's, Gymboree , Carters and Yankee Candle. It is so much fun to have a friend to shop with. The lines were not near as bad at the other stores and I must say I had a blast just being out without the kids and lunch was awesome because we could take as long as we wanted and did not have to discuss "school stuff". There are some people who you know your life would not be the same without and Catherine is that person for me! I hope you all have a Catherine in your life! (I would have loved to post a picture of the two of us but we are both always behind the camera...there is not one to be found! haha!)

2 comments:

Catherine Boozer said...

I love you too!

Thank you God for good friends!!!

Kelly :) said...

She is a gift to all who know her! We love Catherine and her family so very much and can't imagine not having them in our lives!!