Friday, October 31, 2008

The Best Halloween Yet!!

WE HAD A BLAST TONIGHT!!! After racing home from school we flew to the church for Trunk or Treat. Tim took the kids around to the jumpy while I served food and then we all went to trunk or treat and ride the tractor. The kids had a blast and brought home about 4 pounds of candy. At home we started trick-or-treating. Buzzy was so excited to go to each house. I must say my favorite part was when one neighbor handed him a pack of peanut m&ms. Buzzy looked down into his bag and then back at her...and then back into his bag. Then he reached into the bag reached for the M&Ms and said "These have nuts in them." and handed them back. I almost fell over laughing. I had no idea he was so aware of how we tell the kids not to eat nuts. To top it off my poor neighbor (who had had a few drinks) looked at me and gave him a Reece's cup! (Like that was going to make a difference.) Thank goodness he didn't notice it had nuts and we could leave. When they returned home they all dumped their candy on the floor. Took out all the candy for dad (the nut kind of course!) and then sorted their own. Before long we had piles everywhere! The kids were trading back and forth (well Buzzy was really just grabbing and running!). It was an amazing night that I will remember for years to come!

1 comment:

Myrna said...

I've been reading these last few entries and enjoying them so much! I didn't even think I'd be on the computer this late. I logged onto my dashboard and SURPRISE everyone has been blogging - WHEW! Anyway, I will have to watch yours now too! I'm glad to see you blogging again and the pictures are so great! Mandy tagged me and I just tagged Jennifer Curtis ... so it goes on!